Xavi seems set to return to Barcelona as head coach, replacing Ernesto Valverde.
Valverde is under pressure again at the helm of the LaLiga giants after Thursday’s Supercopa de Espana semi-final loss to Atletico Madrid.
And, it seems Barca are wasting no time finding a replacement.
TOP STORY – BARCELONA OFFER XAVI DEAL TO REPLACE VALVERDE
Barcelona has offered Al Sadd boss Xavi a two-and-a-half-year deal to replace Valverde, according to AS.
Xavi’s potential return to Camp Nou, where he won eight LaLiga titles and four Champions Leagues in a glittering playing career, is dominating headlines in Spain.
The cover of Sport reads ‘Earthquake Xavi’, while Marca also reports that Barcelona has offered the job to the former midfielder.
– Bruno Fernandes. Manchester United. Here we go again. Record reports Sporting CP officials met with the Premier League club with a move potentially going ahead in January. The Daily Mail says United are considering a £55m (€64.6m) move for Fernandes, who they were reportedly interested in during the close season.
– Staying at Old Trafford and The Sun reports Manchester United are eyeing a £40m move for West Ham defender Issa Diop, who is also apparently a target for Chelsea.
– Manchester United are at the centre of plenty of speculation this month, including a potential exit for Ashley Young. CalcioMercato reports Inter to want the 34-year-old and the Serie A side is offering Young – who is out of contract at season’s end – a deal until 2021.
– Gedson Fernandes is seemingly set for a move to London, but to which club remains to be seen. The Guardian reports West Ham fear they will miss out on the Benfica midfielder to Tottenham.
– Out of contract at the end of the season, Hugo Vallejo appears set for a Malaga exit. AS reports Real Madrid is considering making a move for the forward this month before sending the 19-year-old out on loan until the end of 2019-20. Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Valencia are also reportedly interested in Vallejo.
– Meanwhile, Barca has had an offer of €6m for midfielder Matheus Fernandes rejected by Palmeiras, according to Globo Esporte.